Taking the top off a 55 gallon drum

Borrow something ? Hire something?

Reply to
Jimk

Wall mount or hand held?

Reply to
Jimk

Err.... which DIY method of cutting a metal drum in two were you imagining would leave a nice "safe" edge?? & how?

Reply to
Jimk

With some scrap timber to level it up for your jigsaw cut? Still be a nasty edge to navigate/deal with...

Reply to
Jimk

I'd stick with the jigsaw.

Reply to
Jimk

Yes I meant I'd stick with jigsaw rather than tinsnips to cut your petals...

Reply to
Jimk

Depends how thick the metal is...

Either run around it with a coarse file, or with coarse

Which he doesn't have...

Reply to
Jimk

I thought the petals plan was fair enough & he can spend his £30odd plus £discs on something else.

Reply to
Jimk

I don't think it would be doable to make a neat job of cutting the head off the barrel with an ag without leaving an exposed raw edge.

Leaving the rim intact, as in your jigsaw approach, would leave more rigidity in the barrel as well as dealing with cut edges.

Reply to
Jimk

If you'll be punching holes in the bottom who needs a lid?

Reply to
Jimk

Yes I know. But if it's base is full of holes it's presumably superfluous?

Reply to
Jimk