SWA on wall - best in conduit?

I've just ordered some SWA cable to connect up my garage, it'll be running for around 4 metres along the wall, 8 feet or so high. Is it best to put this exposed cable in plastic conduit, or is it OK to pin direct to the wall?

Ta Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

At that height it shouldn't need any additional protection, just fix it with cleats

Andy Burns

I presume you mean this is outside, not inside the garage. Unless vandalism is a particular problem, when I would use steel cable capping attached with masonry nails, I don't see any need for additional protection.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Clipped direct is fine unless you expect people to be fiddling with it deliberately.

Reply to
John Rumm