survey (xposted) of tomato ketchup preference to send to FT

Survey* in FT

Favourite use of tomato ketchup:-

Fish pie 37.5% Sausages 25% Bacon sarnie 25% Kedgeree 12.5%

Kedgeree???? Fish pie?

But please ignore my disgust at ketchup on kedgeree if it gets your vote. ("Tracklements" got the vote as best ketchup)

my votes go to anything with cooked cheese or a bacon sarnie, although for the latter I prefer bearnaise.

So my vote is for quiche. I will tot up the results and send to the FT mags letter page.

*survey size 4 (like most of those "surveys" you read in the papers - just the people in the office) but the FT admit it. I think we can do better from four NGs (I will read results in food+drink if you want to un xpost)
Reply to
Mike.. . . .
&&&%$, forgot "OT" in title, apols
Reply to
Mike.. . . .

cleaning copper/brassware.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I don't recall ever buying or using tomato ketchup.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

LOL, the uk diy answer!

Reply to
Mike.. . . .

Nightjar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

AHA! an xposter! Please do not crosspost to this group. A polite request.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Or, more useful in real kitchens, descaling stainless steel

Reply to
stuart noble

It might be more useful if you identified which of the groups the OP included in his posting 'this group' actually is.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Ah...a bit of fun, and traffic in urw is rather slow so...

Fish pie and Kedgeree....no chance. Sausages and bacon sarnies, must be brown sauce.

Tomato ketchup.....has to be chips or chip butty!

Graham

Reply to
Graham Seed

That's twice you have been rude:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well said Graham. Chips is the only thing for Tomato Sauce. (Not tried the brass cleaning but if it works, might as well)

Mike

Reply to
'Mike'

Go and wash your mouth out you naughty boy!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Agreed. But not for the obvious reason.

Brown is foul stuff.

+1
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have to say that whilst I think there is a bottle somewhere in the cupboard I cant recall ever having eaten the stuff - except on McShitburgers- since about 1972

Salad cream, yes, Brown sauce, yes,..tomato catsick? No.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Fish n Chips Egg n Chips

Rösti, Schinken, Käse, Ei (or rather my anglicised version of the same)

Reply to
djc

Everything :) Pete C

Reply to
Pete C

indeed, truly bizarre!

Reply to
Mike.. . . .

so thats:-

chips 9 burger 4 nothing 3 pie or pasty 2

thanks all!

Reply to
Mike.. . . .

Lidl's TK on a well-fired roll with a fried egg in it.

Reply to
grimly4

In message , Baz writes

Not possible to comply with unless you specify which group. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H