Support for old wrists when hand sawing and planing?

how bizzarre

Reply to
Animal

I found that using some sort of glove or arm type of support actually hampered the use of hand tools by making them more awkward to use. By all means wear some support to help aid recovery but you are possibly better off without when actually using the tools.

With saws just make sure that the hole in the handle is sufficient for the size of your hand/fingers - I did have some older hand saws where my grip on the saw was very awkward because the handle was a bad design for larger hands.

I also agree with some other posters that sharp tools are essential and if going blunt either sharpen them or consider replacement.

Reply to
alan_m

I do appreciate your Benny Hill tribute act. Perhaps if you padded it out a bit?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Yes, thanks. I think the combinaation of remedies suggested will help a lot.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

equally bizarre.

Reply to