Supplier of very small self tappers?

Hi,

I've just fixed my lads MP3 player and lost the PCB mounting screws in the process - I blame him, he blames me.

The holes in the plastic body they fit will just take a 0.8mm drill and are about 2mm deep.

I'm not sure what size screw that equates to.

Does any one know where I can get info on such small things and better still where you can buy some?

Thanks, Steve.

Reply to
Steve Jones

Ian Stirling

I would try M1 screws - rather than actual self-tappers.

maybe.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Try the local poundshops - they usually do a 'spectacle repair kit' with a a little screwdriver and a few screws in.

The screws always look much bigger than those in my spects but might just be what you're looking for. It would be worth a pound to find out!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Try talking to the girl in the local opticians. I always find them most helpful in Boots !!

Reply to
the_constructor

The message from "Steve Jones" contains these words:

Cheapest is to go to Poundland and buy something that's screwed together and nick the screws from it.

Reply to
Guy King

Probably because you only see the ones in your glasses, without your glasses on ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Model shop. Ask for servo mounting screws.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Screws for plastic fixing tend to have a different thread to self tappers.

Dave

Reply to
gort