Supplier for Clock hands

I'll spare you the details,

but I had a clock with a quartz movement which didn't work. I know have a new movement, but in the process of getting it, have lost the original hands.

I have gotten some replacements, but SWMBO has declared them so ugly, she'd rather put the clock in a cupboard as she can't bear to look at it!

Result!

However, i'd like to get some hands to match the originals if I can.

As best I can remember, they were;

Short (45mm from centre of spindle to end of the longer hand).

Black.

Ornate/pretty (Pierced & antique looking)

Anyone any ideas where I could buy one set of these cheaply, or does anyone have a set they could send me in return for a little beer money?

Cheers

Reply to
zikkimalambo

Ian Stirling

You can make your own using some thin black plastic, or card, and attaching to the existing hands.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Like this (although these might be a little long)?

||clock~hands~@c~@b|20|user|1,0,0,1|41|

Reply to
Howard Neil

Actually, the long hand might be 35mm rather than 45, i'll check tonight.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

In article , Ian Stirling writes

Or buy some from a Second-hand shop.....

Reply to
Mr X

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Maplin's certainly used to sell movements and hands - they probably still do.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Try

david lang