"superquilt" roof insulation.

Cellotex were coy about their test too.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Yes - but the BS test is published - and believeable.

Reply to
Mike

Dr Evil merely asked if it had been independently tested. Still no opinion from IMM though.

The Celotext description of the NPL test showed that it actually did work (for some value of work).

Reply to
NickFinnigan

I think he would say give it a wide berth.

Price/performance. If it does what you want going by these Cellotex test, then if the price is right, then it is fine. Currently it is "very" expensive for what it is.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I'd guess it's as good as 200mm rockwool when used under the floor, but only as good as 90mm rockwool when used in walls and as good as

60mm rockwool when used in ceilings.

OTOH for preventing solar gain in ceilings it would be as good as

200mm rockwool. All these would require ~25mm airgap either side.

Probably comes into it's own for insulating uneven or odd shaped gaps and cavities, especially where a vapour barrier is also required or a gap for ventilation.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

But my house is not in a vacum ...........

Reply to
Rick

That's where I used it (see previous post). It isn't except possibly for reflecting heat from the underfloor heating upwards. When that's off it does nothing.

Reply to
Mike

Then hopefully it is insulated with Kingspan or Celotex :-)

Reply to
Mike

In article , Mike writes

A builder has just installed this stuff in the roofs of two new houses next to me, interesting looking material, the builder hasn't spared any expense on the rest of the build and had plenty of celotex on site which he used for the floors. He's convinced that the quilt is the dogs gonads as far as over the rafters type of insulation goes.

Reply to
David

All the above equivs. Is that just a guess by you?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Bertie, has he any figures to prove the performance? Or does he just wave his arms when explaining things?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

clip

Well he would wouldn't he. It's much easier for him to lay. But he isn't paying for it's installation or for any future heating bills. It's a no brainer for the builder.... :-)

Roy

Reply to
RzB

Builders tend not to have much brains anyway.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil