Supataps.

How about a clamp-on connecter, made with a few bolts as mentioned earlier, plus an inline Hozelok (or equivalent) connector pair, so that the tap can be turned on and off without twisting the hose.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

replying to Rob Morley, Gordon wrote: Does anyone know if the black plastic handle of the supataps contained asbestos? I am currently trying to remove a few items from house which I was surprised to find contained it, and just wondered if the supataps did (as from that time period 50-60's up to 80's)? Thanks

Reply to
Gordon

Not that I am aware of. If they did then a lot of the stuff has been in landfil which, shock horror is where asbestos goes in any case of course! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

landfil which, shock horror is where asbestos goes in any case of course! Brian

Reply to
Murmansk

In message , Murmansk writes

There is a designated tip near Hitchin. Herts.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

replying to Michael, Old Dave wrote: The hose connector consisted of a sort of "cup" which went on the end of the tap, with two plastic pieces which swung upwards and had holes to clip over the opposite "ears" of the tap (the bits you used to turn it). A swivel was incorporated somehow so that the hose did not twist.

Reply to
Old Dave

replying to in2minds, Michael Hooker wrote: Our house has had them for 60 years, and we've never had to change a washer and they don't drip. That's what's supa. It's about all though. Fitting any kind of hose or shower attachment is a nightmare.

Reply to
Michael Hooker

replying to Old Dave, Michael Hooker wrote: I wish you could still get these. I made something similar with a standard hozelock connector and a whole set of threaded rods, nuts and bolts and carefully-cut out bits of aluminium. It worked fine but was not "domestically acceptable" over the kitchen sink and took about 30 minutes to put on or take off.

Reply to
Michael Hooker