Sunvic Central Heating Programmers

I have a Sunvic SP100 electronic programmer, which sometimes loses the programs/time when there is a power cut. The backup batteries are fully charged (as measured with a voltmeter), and I think the problems occur due to a surge when the power is restored.

The easiest solution seemed to be a new programmer - so I purchased a Sunvic

207. All of the wiring in the airing cupboard is surface mounted, and the cables enter the original programmer through knockouts in the case. The Sunvic 207 has "an industry standard 6 pin wall plate", which the instructions specify must be screwed to a flush mounting single conduit box type UA1 (BS4662). They also state "DO NOT use a surface mounting box".

Clearly I can fit a flush mounting box, but this creates extra work and mess - and whilst appearance is of no real consequence it does look "untidy" for a surface mounted cable to go into a hole simply to gain access to the box inside the wall. Does anyone have experience of fitting these programmers where the rest of the wiring is surface mounted - or indeed suggest an electronic model better suited to the purpose. (I am just within the time limit for exchanging this item).

Thanks,

James

(Sorry if this message has appeared more than once - having difficulty transmitting it)

Reply to
James

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:55:15 -0000, "James" strung together this:

Nope, no difficulty in transmitting it, you've now outnumbered replies by 5:2.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , James writes

... ...