Sunken porch

I have a rather old fashioned porch - felt flat roof supported by 2 metal pillars.

One of these pillars has sunk into the ground, making the porch lop-sided. Any ideas on how to lift it and re-fix it in place?

Regards,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Waddell

I would

Hold up the proch with a couple of accrow props and a big chunk of wood, making an "n" shape.

Take down the support,

dig a hole at the bottom (about the size of a small dustbin) and fill with concrete. (this may be a bit too much concrete, but better too much .....

re-fix pole and remove accros.

then I would do the other side.

Given its a flat roof, so its probably rotted a bit, I might just take it down and start again.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper