Sun sail Installation ideas

Hi all,

I have a sun sail that I have never installed. It is a bit like this

At one end it would be at the house wall but there is nothing on the 3 sides to attach it to. I am trying to think of a way of setting it up such that it can normally stay down and only put it up when needed. All I can think of at the moment is to put a couple of hooks into the house wall and hook the corner loops into them. Then maybe a couple of holes in the floor the other end to slide some sort of poles into to support other the corners. I suspect the poles would also need to have rope from the top back to the ground to provide the tension on the sail and stop the poles falling over.

Any one have any better ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

Don't know about a 4 corner one but around our parts I've seen a few triangular ones with 2 fixings on the wall and a well-planted post for the corner. Could you have 2 posts fitted on the boundary line either side and hooked up to each corner with a pulley (pulleys) so at least when not in use you don't have 2 big posts in the middle of the garden?

Or... turn the posts into a decorative structure/pergola or something so they look like they are supposed to be in the middle of the garden and the shade fixing is a secondary purpose of the structure.

Just a thought. I'd probabaly sell it and get a more permanant triangular one or splash out on a pull-out shade attached to the wall.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk