Substation copper theft

What? Gene pool cleansing through early-life electrocution? ;)

'cos the butter moves the centre of mass slightly butter-side-wards, so a randomly spinning buttered slice is more predispensed to land on the side nearest the centre of gravity - the buttered side.

Ypou could balance it out by buttering both sides, then it's equally likely to land on either side...

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Genetic engineering? One of these more like;

Huge

Yes, it's a real problem. Pikeys are now smart enough to realise that nicking live busbars tends to end in Flaming Sparky Death, so they're focussing on the earth straps instead. Once no longer bonded, it's easy for domestic supplies to start floating around by a few hundred volts.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

MODplod overtime is supposed to have gone up recently too, patrolling the perimeters of aerial farms.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yes they nicked a lightning earth from a comms site near Peterborough around 6 inches of copper braiding, makes me wonder just how much it cost them in petrol to drive there and take it !?..

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

Come on Tony, do you actually think they paid for the petrol??

They also pinched the copper earth strapping from Kempston MF a few years ago, the quick fix was rather inventive.

Bill

In article , Bill scribeth thus

Well I suppose we can take that as read;!..

before they started transmissions;!..

Reply to
tony sayer
[snip]

Stolen Red Diesel ;-)

-- Jim White Wimbledon London England I will not torment the emotionally frail

Reply to
Jim White

MoD plod? That sort of job is usually done by GuardFarce.

Reply to
Steve Firth