Installing a bigger window in blockwork cavity wall

Hi all,

Can anyone direct me to good instructions for replacing a UPVC window with a bigger one, in a blockwork cavity wall?

I have a large diamond-wheel angle grinder to enlarge the opening, and a new UPVZ window. I mainly need clarification on how to make good the wall jambs after the hole has been enlarged, whether any damp-proof membrane is need anywhere, and what kind of lintel to use, and how to install, etc.

Thank you,

Reply to
AL_n

Hurrah!

Reply to
Skipweasel

"Phil L" wrote in news:ZQ4jp.169958$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.ams:

Phil,

Thank you for that! You have covered exactly all the info I needed. Many thanks for your trouble.

Al

Reply to
AL_n

On special offer at Netto this weekend, just in time to remove the fixing bolts from the security fence behind the shop.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

That's if you can find anything in the tip that they call a display ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton