Submersible heater ~60C

I nead a heater I can drop into a tank of water, approx 2 gallons, and get it up to about 60-65 deg C.

Searching just brings up fish tank stuff, which would be fine if it got hot enough.

Any ideas, Ta.

Reply to
R D S

Can you make a cut-out in the tank to allow you to install an immersion element?

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Taking your life in your hands, since its from Hong Kong, there's this:

The thing you are looking for, I suspect, is an over-the-side vat heater as used in the chemical and food industry. They aren't cheap.

Steve Firth

The item description is pure class.

Reply to
ARW

Yeah just putting "WARNING - IF YOU USE THIS YOU WILL DIE" would have been slightly more honest.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I used to rehearse with an orchestra in a baptist church on Friday evenings. When we finished, they would take the covers off the babptismal pit, and start filling it with water (I presume they did the baptisms on Saturdays?). It was quite large - a small swimming pool.

I guess they must have got cheesed off with it being stone cold at some point, and someone had knocked up a DIY solution...

Take a plastic bucket. Make a hole in the bottom to take a standard long-reach immersion heater, and mount it with the element poking downwards under the bucket. (I never looked to see how it was fixed to the bucket.) Connect a flex inside the bucket, and you can now float these on top of the water with the elements pointing down into the water. There were

3 of them, with extention leads across the hall to various wall sockets.

The whole thing looked terrifying, and I wish I'd taken a picture, but it was before mobile phones had cameras. I presume they disconnected and removed the heaters before the service started, but I suppose you could always switch to the funeral service instead, if needed...

No, I'm not suggesting you do this:-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

i read that as you would take the covers off and start adding 'water', but that would be taking the piss :)

Reply to
Gazz

"Don't put your hand into the liquid when the element is plugged in a wall outlet"

I have a cavalier attitude to safety but i'm a little scared of that.

They should re-market it as a fat free fish fryer.

Reply to
R D S

More likely H&S paranoia than an electrode heater, but there are horrors out there. I burnt myself recently picking up an appliance lead.

NT

Reply to
meow2222