Stupidness at the rubbish dump

When ever I see one, I imagine a guy standing on the back bumper steering the car, like the blokes who ran the dodgems at the fair.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I don't know about the legalities, but a notice at my local 're-cycling centre' indicates that trailers are ok for domestic waste as long as they're small enough not to need brakes.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Does it have windows behind the drivers seat? If it does it's a car (non-commercial) if it doesn't its a van (commercial). Does the tax disc let on what the DVLA think it is, or will it just be PLG?

van = commercial. I don't like lines but occasionally they have to be drawn.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Is this a recently refurbished dump with new contractors? They seem horribly keen, it'll wear off, particularly when it's cold and/or raining.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

it's being refurbished now, putting in a weighbridge and all that to handle the commercial waste, same people working there tho,

i did wait till later on in the day when it began to rain before going down today, but the bloke still came out of the portacabin to tell me off.

most of the stuff i usually take down the tip is wood based, guess i'll just get an old oil drum and start burning the stuff instead, untill someone tells me it's a smokeless area that is.

Reply to
gazz

"The man" is a woman called Genny...

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

Who cares what sex they are, only a sexist would be bothered. Anyway how am I supposed to know genny is a woman's name? Who names their kids after industrial kit?

Reply to
dennis

There was a subtle clue in the first paragraph of the first article, which started "A Wrexham woman" followed by the frequent use of 'she' & 'her'.

Thats your trouble though Dennis, you don't read things properly, you just jump in with both feet.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"Dave Liquorice" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

...with windows behind the driver's seat, and taxed as PLG.

So draw 'em at the purpose.

Reply to
Adrian

Nothing wrong with "Genny", it's my mum's name! Short for Genevieve....

Reply to
Bob Eager

Why? The bloke gave fair warning and didn't enforce the stupid rule. I'd consider it a friendly thing to do but not having been there and seen the spirit it was given in....

Lovely, I enjoy seeing the idiots squirm. Do what I've done, buy a fecking massive old people carrier for a couple of hundred quid that fits under the height restrictions and use that to take stuff to the tip with all the seats removed.

Monday to Thursday, Friday it's more like 3:00pm although you'd still need the duck tape as there's always plenty of CCTV outside council offices, have to make sure petty bureaucracy survives a terrorist outrage or nuclear attack.

A much better idea, unfortunately I live a few doors away from one so let's not push that one too much eh?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Burn it outside of office hours and it doesn't matter if it is. Env health don't do out of hours. Noise? Smoke? Don't worry they'll be in at about 10am the next day for people to speak to on the phone.

Stick it on freecycle anyway and see who comes and takes it. There's always one person who'll have all the crud.

Reply to
mogga

It only needs an E-Mail address, you can subscribe to a Freecycle list via E-Mail, no need to go onto Yahoo to either send or receive messages from the list.

Reply to
tinnews

Locally there is a recycle centre on the edge of a council's area. People who live in the next borough are not allowed to tip there. So instead of a 3/4 mile round tip they have to do a 42 mile round trip. Very environmentally thoughtful!

Reply to
Broadback

It's a yahoo group and will not accept any entrants without a yahoo ID.

Reply to
Alang

How do they know where they are from?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why not just use fake details?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "R D S" contains these words:

Better shave your legs then. Or if you're sending the wife, get her to shave hers :-)

Reply to
Appin

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:23:39 +0100 someone who may be Alang wrote this:-

I doubt it. I have subscribed to a number of Yahoo groups, some recently, simply by using the e-mail interface. Sending a blank e-mail to the subscribe address should do the trick.

Reply to
David Hansen

Even if I do I still get it right more often than you so you can shut up.

Reply to
dennis