Structural engineer

I have an old front porch that needs to be replaced with a uPVC one, however I have a problem.

The original front of the house had bricks in the shape of an arch, with a keystone. It was a typical 'keyhole' design of the 40's I think. The person who had the house before me decided to get the 'keyhole' design replaced by having those bricks removed and a wooden structure built in it's place, effectively built in exactly the same place where the arch bricks were.

An arch I know is a very strong structure, but I need to know that removing this shabby wooden replacement does not weaken the front part

of the house! I'm trying to pre-empt a catastrophe happening, before the anyone replacing the porch begins their work.

I need a structural engineer, or someone similar qualified, within the West Midlands, to put my mind at rest. Does anyone have any contacts, links or suggestions, or similar horror stories?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dave Philips