Strangest Hotwater/Heating System in the West!

Hello,

Sorry, another post regarding my heating system.

Just recently when it has been firing up, on hot water only, all the radiators upstairs warm up.... This even happens if I have the main room stat in the hall turned right down.

The radiator in the bathroom has always heated up when the hot water is on, I assume as some kind of pressure release safety element to the system (you can tell my knowledge is limited).

All that has changed with the system recently is that I discovered the cold water feed from the header tank was blocked up at the T junction... so I unblocked this... it seems to be since then that all

3 upstairs rads have decided to heat up once the hot water is on.

I'm not sure axactly what my system is to descibe it.. but I have has numerous problems in the past with the control unit, and getting it to switch between hot water and heating.. but this had been "fixed" by british gas after 5 attempts.. and this problem is different in that the upstairs rads are coming on but not downstairs.... I have been turning off the TRVs to stop teh 2 bedrooms getting too hot.. but I am wondering if I should be worried or getting it looked at?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Thomarse

Quite common and caused by thermocirculation. Fixed by fitting one or more automatic valves designed for this very purpose.

Could well be designed like this with the bathroom rad on the hot water heating loop - the purpose being to dry towels etc with the heating not in use.

I'd say you need to get updated to a fully pumped system which will save money in the long run as well as being fully under your control.

Dave Plowman (News)

HW circuit. Have seen that before :(

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If your going to help yourself then you'll new to learn some of the knowledge. Try the main FAQ and the wiki, but the FAQs below probably won't help so much at this stage.

Reply to
Ed Sirett