Strange WiFi SSID

That sounds quite plausible. Like you, I’m unfamiliar with Airplay, so wouldn’t know what it might send out as it’s ‘set up’ network, although we do have devices here (not Apple) that have used temporary ‘set up’ networks.

I can’t detect anything other than than the usual SSIDs, plus the strange one originally mentioned.

Reply to
Spike

The real question is why are you bothered by it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I was setting up a new router’s WiFi, and saw an SSID of a style I’d never seen before, and wondered what it might relate to.

It seems like no-one on the group really knows either, but if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Reply to
Spike

Oh I think its pretty clear its some bass ackwards Apple gadget. Airplay sounds plausible.

I thought its was TwoBlooth, bot it might well be FEE WEE.

Sister has one. dial into film on an I-pad and it comes up on t'tellybox

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher