strange happenings

I listen to insomnia radio on a stand alone internet radio during the night and switch to LBC at 4am to listen to Steve alan......but the last few nights the radio has switched channels by itself ! how does this happen ? is it a function of the provider...it can't be the radio itself shirley????

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Perhaps Shirley did it?

You do not give much detail of the equipment, so its hard to any suggestions. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

majority internet radio no idea who the provider is

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

I bought a Majority radio and found it ‘unstable’. It kept ‘forgetting’ saved stations. I returned it.

Has yours been reliable?

I could have had a rogue one.

We have a couple of Roberts i94 ones. While they seem stable, as per my other post, I ‘ve lost stations but only when I believe the ‘address’ has changed at the other end. Why? Both radios lost the same stations at the same time.

The Majority looked like a good radio, it did all I needed, I was disappointed that I had to return it. Had it been stable, it would have been much better value than the Roberts.

Reply to
Brian

my majorities are good only thing I don't like is the volume steps are too course and I have all their models about six of them some with fm dab and some with cd player...I prefer my currys soundstrom or some thing like that got about four of them but they are limited to 10 memories which is pant ...as both makes have different content providers which is ok because if you cant get a station on one you can on the other .....nice to hear from you Mr Reay

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

I have a Majority which seems perfectly OK to me.

Reply to
Chris Green

the majority of them are

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

didn't happen this morning

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

If you have wifi, then the Amazon Echo is probably more reliable as most of the time the station itself makes a skill, and they make sure the skill has the right addresses. This was never the case for stand alones as once the maintained database is no longer updated or indeed never updated, you are normally stuffed unless its locally stored and can be accessed via wifi interface and tweaked back to the right one, but if you do something weird with the stream then quite often you will find the codec in the radio is out of date I have a no name internet radio and nothing works at all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff