Strange Font's in WIN 7 ?..

Don't know if anyone has any idea on this but if they have be appreciated..

"Someone" has been using my PC and now if I do say a Google search in Firefox all the results come out in a rather high contrast Bold font.

If I do the same search in Google Chrome yet again a differing italic font appears. Some programmes are as they ever where but one or two others are also coming up in differing size fonts and most often in italic's.

Firebox is set to its defaults in options appearances etc, as per what is on another PC here using XP that looks fine as it ever did but the WIN 7 machine its all "wrong".

course no one has admitted doing anything on the machine etc, well they wouldn't would they;!..

So any ideas on how to reset to defaults?. FWIW the default fonts in control panel are set to what Windows thinks best..

Cheers...

Reply to
tony sayer

Have you gone the EDIT->PREFERENCES->CONTENT->FONTS AND COLOURS->ADVANCED route yet?

That SHOULD allow you to absolutely override any font.

(firefox) not sure about chrome - dont use it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You can set the font in FireFox Options Content - think the default is Times New Roman, size 16.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No experience of Win7, I'm still on XP, bit it sounds like someone has been playing with *Themes*. Won't *System Restore* fix it?

Reply to
zulu

Is this all websites ? Something borked Chrome last year, with a result that a lot of forum sites look s**te. But only in Chrome.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It may not be the cause of all the things you are seeing, but one simple thing to check is that they have not simply changed the zoom level in firefox, since it remembers your setting for each site. That can make fonts look a bit different. Hold the Ctrl key and press 0 to return to default zoom. (or use + or - or the mouse wheel to shift sizes up and down)

Reply to
John Rumm

I had that same problem crop up on the HSM web site. I tried the CTRL-0 and it restored everything back to normal. I will try to remember the trick if I encounter it again.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

In article , tony sayer scribeth thus

Thanks to all who replied. As far as I could make out the themes were as they were, zoom as it was and Firefox defaults were as they should be.

However did a three day rollback and mysteriously all is now as it should be:)

Nipper been given a suitable rollicking;!...

cheers...

Reply to
tony sayer

Create a separate user account and this won't happen to you...

Reply to
Brian Morrison

Give the little sod his own machine, with no admin access.

Reply to
Huge

In article , Brian Morrison scribeth thus

Well it was a visitors child who saw this nice PC and thought no one would mind as she at a very early age is an expert on computers according to her mum;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Just the kind of user the Guest account is ideal for.

Reply to
John Williamson

tony sayer considered Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:00:53

+0000 the perfect time to write:

And what about the person who left the machine in a state that the nipper could play with it?

Reply to
Phil W Lee

In article , Phil W Lee scribeth thus

Well thats in a bit of the manor where no one normally goes, called the daddy sanctuary....

SWMBO decided to show some visitors in there and whist they were talking the "modification work" was carried out 'tho Christ knows what she actually did;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

So who, other than you, knows your password then??

(My family have guessed mine, but they know that I will be exceedingly displeased if they abuse it. Less trouble to avoid the risk by logging in as themselves.)

Reply to
Tim Ward

As said Tim hardly anyone goes in there expect the grumble about the mess etc..

The rest of the crew here have their own machines, they'd have no reason to play about with this one except this little miss;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

WHAT belongs to "font"??

Reply to
Robert Baer

Point size and case obviously

Reply to
John Rumm

Waah!, This is a tad ongoing now but it seems that the default fonts were all set as windows intended them to be ..

Anyways we rolled it back a few days restored, and all is well now whatever the original cause was...

Reply to
tony sayer