Strange destination

Is County Durham part of Northern Ireland now? I only ask, because this lot

to think it is.

The mentally-challenged eejit who made the list thought that all counties that start with 'County' must be in Ireland, I suppose.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Probably Irish then....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Apropos of nothing really:

Graham.

Kwik Fit (GB) Limited

24 Claypath Durham DH1 1RH

0191 386 9088

HTH -

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Confusing it with Co Down I suppose.

Reply to
harryagain

I wonder where he thinks the piddle valley is?

Having said that, us here on the outskirts of London have issues as the Surrey county council seem to think we are in Surrey because the post office insist that surrey is in the address, but the post code has us in London which we are of course.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The Post Office still think that Middlesex exists, too.

Reply to
charles

And for the Londoners, is County Hall in Ireland/N Ireland?

Reply to
polygonum

The Post Office, rightly IMO, don't waste everybody's time changing postal = addresses according to the ephemeral whims of political boundary changes. B= ut it's difficult to get people to understand that their postal address mer= ely indicates the delivery round.

Reverting to the OP, IU that people living in New Mexico have difficulty wi= th suppliers who refuse to post "outside the USA".

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk

I suspect that of being an urban legend. Most Americans are pretty clued up about America.

OTOH, when my Aunt was living in the American state of Georgia, she used to have great trouble buying a stamp for letters to us - we were living in South Georgia

at the time, and the PO staff thought she wanted a stamp to the southern half of the state.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

You think?

Reply to
Huge

I'm astonished that the postie is prepared to deliver there!

I don't think that I've ever been in contact with someone who has been there - if you can call this contact. What did you do there?

Reply to
GB

I know, I am rambo1152.

Reply to
Graham.

Reply to
Graham.

And in this week of Patrick Moore's passing, I wonder how many people think that Herstmonceux is overseas.

Reply to
Graham.

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Cinemas Online has insisted for years that our nearest cinema is Iveagh Movie Studios, Banbridge, Co. Down, Northern Ireland and our second nearest is Empire Cinemas, 242 High Street, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1PG

Reply to
usenet2012

Actually the Royal Mail gave up on counties some time ago - the post town (which might not be a town!) is followed by only the postcode - no county.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Humphrey

Always seems particularly odd when the post code is in another country - SY (Shrewsbury) extends for a huge part of Wales. Am surprised that the Welsh assembly has not made changing this a priority.

Reply to
polygonum

I think they have.

Shrewsbury isn't in Wales at all these days.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Some of the Caulkheads on the Isle of Wight don't like coming under the PO postcode which is based around Portsmouth.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg