Strange cistern fill

Normally when the toilet is flushed it would re-fill in say a half minute and you could hear the cistern filling, now its like it fills in short bursts almost like a tap is being turned and then off, it does this about 7 times until the valve cuts it off when filled.

Any ideas what would cause this, its just recently started doing this. No other water is being used at the same time ie dishwasher or washing machine.

Reply to
ss

the anti noise filler tube blocking????

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

Nothing has changed as far as I know, it just started doing it. I will dig in to it tomorrow and check it out.

Reply to
ss

I will have a look tomorrow.

Reply to
ss

Video clip of flush.

ss

Limescale in the valve getting in the way then moving when the pressure builds? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Perhaps his ball has a leak as well though usually if you leave these eventually you get an overflow. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Had a fumble around all the parts but didnt take anything apart. Wiped the part where the water discharges in to the pan as best I could and this appears to have solved the issue.

Reply to
ss