Stone Cills for doors

I have Anglain Windows providing my Doors. The doors are supposed to be fully Disability Act complaint and the threshold should be minimal. Anglain say that their product (the Threshold Cill) will only sit on a stone cill. I have to source these urgently, preferabbly locally. Can anyone advise if "standard" stone cills are available (preferably local to Leicester)? And where I can get details of these. Any guidance please. I do have drawings/specification of these thresholds if required.

Sid

Reply to
SidKnee

=============== Are you sure that they mean real stone?

Surely a solid reinforced concrete slab would do. If so a local builder will probably have a suitable lintel which could be used or you could easily cast a slab in situ.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Are you sure they didn't say "masonry", not stone? A good lump of concrete should be fine (avoid reinforced lintels as the rebar can make them a pain to drill if the fitters need to). A kerb stone might be a good option if you don't want to lay the concrete yourself.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Fit nice high "fully able bodied" compliant cills that keep water out and if anyone complains tell them to get an ibot wheelchair.

The ibot is apparently so much fun that people have been deliberately hacking their legs off to have a go in one ;-)

[the contents of this posting have been passed as fully non pc]
Reply to
Matt

"Cicero" wrote >

They mean reconsituted stone.

Can you get ready made ones of these?

TIA Sidk

Reply to
SidKnee

"Rob Morley" wrote

They said stone /reconstituted stone that can take heavy impact. As they feel anything else will just crack after a while. We have 2 wheelchaid users in our family one uses powered wheelchair and another self propelled/manual.

Are these kerb stone strong. Any website shows the different sizes that are available?

Sidk

Reply to
SidKnee

They survive being frequently driven over, so they should be :-)

Rob Morley

================= Have a look at this for some ideas:

builders' merchants will stock a range of sizes so you should be able to get one locally.

I would suggest, though, that you would get a much better job by having a local handyman cast one 'in situ' as that would ensure that it's properly bedded. It would probably be much cheaper and it would of course be an exact fit.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero