Stirring paint

How do you longtime DIYers stir paint. Is there an accessory for a drill I can buy. I stirred a 2.5L can of Dulux by hand for five minutes and it looked runnier than it did after two. |P

Reply to
freecycle

If it was a thixotropic paint, as many are, it will get runnier as you stir it. Leaving it to stand for a while will allow it to regain its thixotropic properties.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

It's called a stick. 30 seconds max (unless it says "do not stir" on the tin)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

My local B&Q has them for £1 in the bargain bins near the tills.

Reply to
Bruce

Those are great - they're small enough you can use them in paint cans without spraying everywhere. The usual stirrers (a couple of quid, any hardware shop) are twice the size. They stir very well, but if you use them on anything smaller than a 10 litre can, the spray is a problem.

One necessity for any of these is a drill with a good soft-start trigger control

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I agree. Possibly the best £1 I have ever spent in B&Q.

Oh, yes. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce