Steel Bath

Advice needed again!!....

I have just installed a new steel bath int he bathroom. Its sitting o a chipboard floor which is in fairly good nick. Squeezing it in was nightmare, but after hours of jiggling around, it's in place - plumbe in and not leaking!

but.....I forgot to rest the feet on any battens so they are directl on the floor. How much of a problem is this going to be - I hate to b sitting in the thing and findf myself fall, Insepctor Clouseau-like int the lounge below. I know that the empty bath is auite heavy - fille with water, its v v heavy so what should I do???

-- alexbartman

Reply to
alexbartman

Relax. All my upstairs baths are on 18 mm chip. And provided it stays dry, its well able to take the load of a full bath plus ME.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Can you slip some bits of 3mm (or thicker) steel underneath to spread the load a bit? I wouldn't be too worried about everything going through the floor, but I don't think the chipboard under the feet will be too happy.

Reply to
Rob Morley