Stanley Hand Drill 5803

I have picked up a Stanley hand drill 5803 but the pieces inside the chuck assembly that grip the drill bit are all loose. Possibly one or more of the springs have snapped through age. The chuck is solid enough to prevent any removal of the gripping pieces, yet they must have been inserted somehow? I hope someone can tell us how to either remove the gripping pieces inside the assembly or where I might get another chuck assembly please. The action and the condition otherwise are great, worth fixing,
Made in england
from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk contains these words:

As far as I remember they just unscrew.
http://diytools.com/product/52500.htm
might help.
--
Skipweasel
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Sometimes they're just rusted together, a bit of WD40 and working it back and forth (possibly with a bit of a tap) will free it up.
Chris
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com

Nope, although they do take an amount of patience. The knurled main body of the chuck separates from the plate that screws onto the spindle, as all the best manuals say, re-assembly is the reverse of disassembly (as long as you're an octopus)

--
Clint Sharp