Stairlift oil ?

Can anyone suggest which oil (or grease) I should use to lubricate the track on the stairlift and what frequency it should be done. Thanks for your help.
snipped-for-privacy@writing.com wrote:

I wouldn't use any 'wet' lubricant on that. It will only collect dirt and jam the mechanism. Instead, try using silicone (sp?) furniture polish and give it a wipe down after. Remember, anything that can collect dirt will wipe it back onto the person that uses the stair lift.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@writing.com wrote:

Due to legal issues with this I'd consult the mfrs and follow advice. Stairlifts are items on which lives depend.
NT