Spraypaint on spraypaint/lacquer?

I'm playing around with an old computer case. It's a desktop case that used to be a (very) dirty off-white. The case is made of some kind of metal (too heavy to be aluminium) and the front panel is some kind of plastic, again I can't really identify it. Standard computery plastic :P

Anyway, I sanded off all the paint and coatings on both the metal and the plastic surfaces, and I bought a load of car spray paint from Halfords. I used primer on all surfaces, left it for a couple of days then applied a coat of champagne-gold spraypaint. Two days later I put on a couple of coats of clear lacquer. I left it for 24 hours and it dried up nicely. It all looked and felt fine.

I'd like to put some designs on top of what I've done so far. I've made a bunch of stencils by cutting heavy waxed cardboard with a stanley knife.

My question: is it ok to spray directly onto the painted, lacquered surface? Will the new paint interact with the lacquer and/or the paint underneath and cause the designs to bleed?

I'm new at all this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
StOo