Spraying Fences

Anyone here used an airless sprayer to paint/treat a garden fence ... If so any recommendations as to what treatment to use for coverage - colour penetration etc. Presumably water based pruducts are best.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
Alex

I tried an airless sprayer for this. Total junk. I returned it to the store.

I then bought a Hozelock hand held sprayer that is pumped up. They cost around £10.

I use a solvent based preservative - water based ones are poor in terms of penetration and don't last long.

I found that the trick is not to pump up the sprayer too high and to have it on a relatively coarse setting. This stops fine atomisation.

By rinsing through with white spirit I was able to use the sprayer again, but expected to sling it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, I have an old "chuck it on" Burgess electric sprayer which is used for various activities including fence and shed painting. I find it works extremely well for creosote type paints. (even my wife can use it- unfortunately, not often enough). It is useful to have the flexi extender nozzle which you can bend as appropriate to help to keep the tank level. It's a disaster on emulsion, but will spray enamel with a good thick orange peel finish. It's also OKish on cellulose, with poor finish being a free accessory. Very good for applying Waxoyl.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol