Spray Foam Insulation - You & Yours Radio 4

Spray Foam Insulation, Chrysanthemums, Sleep Apps You and Yours You & Yours investigates why spray foam insulation could make it difficult for you to get a mortgage. A number of lenders will not consider properties that have spray foam insulation in

(it may take an hour or so for the programme to be available on playback, its live now)

Reply to
George Miles

Interesting. Spray foam bit starts at 27:30

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Seeing it heavily advertised again, I did wonder if they'd got round the condensation problem which can cause rot in some timbers. Apparently not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

It requires a registration!

Reply to
alan_m

The top one worked for me:

Theo

Thank you.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Assuming you have a smart TV with catchup, use that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Doesn't negate the need for registration.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Reply to
George Miles

Generally the advice when insulating with Celotex is to leave some of the timber exposed, so moisture can escape. Do they not do that with spray foam?

I've heard some US horror stories, but they were where the foam hadn't been properly mixed and toxic gases built up. And of course the nightmare of removing it afterwards.

(I don't even like foaming in Celotex for that reason)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Which was the one making people ill with the gas released over time. Be a bit hard to do it with this house it has not got cavity walls and the loft is old school thick sheets placed over the joists. However like many houses of this type there are questions about the roof as you can see out between the tiles, but in all the years I've been here man and boy, only one snow storm with the wrong kind of powdered snow caused an issue.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I'd assume you already had. Not much point in buying a smart TV otherwise?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

They can't. It is just sprayed directly onto the underside of the slates and all over the timber.

Reply to
Andrew

A neighbour's house has this - it was sold not so much as insulation but as a cheap alternative to replacing an old slate roof. Glue the slates on from the inside with foam.

Reply to
alan_m

Surely that's going to be moisture problems squared, if the slates aren't watertight?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Quite. Why it was known to be a cheap bodge years ago. So did wonder what had changed these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News