Speedfit technique

And the really daft part is they compete against other NHS Hospitals / Trusts, just to allow accountants to make work for more accountants - or so it seems at times, and every new department needs their plush offices, whilst the wards make do....

And with that I'm now going to retire gracefully from this OT sub thread, I think it's time we all agreed to disagree - over to others to have the last word(s).

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

This is one of the big problems. It should be, but isn't. Firstly, those who should be attempting to run it properly clearly don't know, don't care or both. Secondly, the politicians are unwilling or unable to correct the issue. Thirdly the competition is stifled by quadruple taxation for those wishing to go to the competition.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Which "experts". Name a few.

People buy elsewhere when the supplier doesn't provide the wanted goods or services at the right price.

On the one hand people want things cheaply. Price is everything to some people. That is delivered by having manufacturing in China and administration in India.

It lasts until people decide thay don't like the quality that they get in a cheap Chinese product, or the lack of UK understanding of a call centre person in Mumbai and decide that they are willing to pay more for better product or to talk to somebody closer to home.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Read the financial press. The money programmes had whole prog on it recently.

Reply to
IMM

How. That's a quality source of information. Almost as good as Paxo.

Reply to
Andy Hall

But then that *is* personal choice, no one has to use private health insurance - unlike if the NHS was no longer in existence....

That really is my last word.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Well it's slightly more balanced than the Torygraph or The Sun !

Almost as good as

You haven't forgiven him for showing the then Home sec. up to be the jerk he was at that time by the looks of it.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Capitol,

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you get a surface-mount-type IEC socket? I'll investigate...

Bert

Bert Coules

Something like this in a suitable enclosure:

maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1361&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=3

Reply to
Rob Morley

You mean Dracula. How can anyone vote for a party with Boris and Dracula in it.

Reply to
IMM

One does if one wants anything like an acceptable level of service at this point. The NHS doesn't deliver that in terms of either quality or convenience to the customer.

I have not advocated private *funding*, simply private delivery.

As far as the funding aspect is concerned, I don't think that it is reasonable for those who are typically large contributors to the pot to be additionally penalised with quadruple taxation in order to access the level of service required.

Reply to
Andy Hall

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media is riddled with that.

If I want objective information, I don't look to any of the popular media to provide it, whoever they are.

We know that the home secretary as well as the rest of the cabinet are jerks. Nothing new there.

Reply to
Andy Hall

[ BBC2 Newsnight ]

I was talking about the time Howard wouldn't / couldn't answer a simple yes / no question put to him, even after IIRC 16 attempts [1]. Nothing what so ever to do with the present buffoon filling that HMG position.

[1] only because JP was told the following of VT had crashed and that he needed to fill to the end of the programme, and he couldn't think of anything else to ask!
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

A dammed sight more easier than one lead by a Poodle and containing a few more buffoons than the others, I suspect...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Except the Guardian.

Do you go around and ask them?

Nothing new. All that cabinet with Dracula in it were jerks.

Reply to
IMM

Too right. Majors bunch were idiots.

Reply to
IMM

Rob,

That might well do the trick. Thanks.

Bert

Bert Coules

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things. Well, I don't think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

Reply to
IMM

Frankly, I'm not impressed with many of the current crop of front bench MPs at all.

Seems like Paxo's normal MO.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Especially the Guardian.