Speedfit technique

In direct contrast to the State, where they go off to be European Commissioners.

Reply to
Huge

Sorry but you are all taking this far to seriously, think more in terms of 'The Mob' and Motorways !...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

It rarely is. Many people in the US are concerned that failure and mediocrity is being over rewarded. 15 years ago the top managers in the US earned 30 times the average salary, now it is 300 times. 15 years ago they were rewarded by bonuses. Now failure and meritocracy get paid a fortune. Many see commerce and industry standards to fall.

Reply to
IMM

Far more 'blank cheques' get written in the medical insurance type health care than there are in public 'service' health care, any money making business will always push the billing boundaries and they will tend to follow each other thus driving up the health care costs - this is what has all but brought the USA Medicare system to it's knee's.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

They have tried that with me and were defeated.

Reply to
IMM

Now, what makes me actually believe that ?!...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"Andy Hall" wrote | There are plenty of nationwide fibre networks. Many, such as | the cable TV ones reach to within a few hundred metres of the | majority of the population's homes.

Cable modem services are *available* to 45% of UK homes and businesses.

Cable networks pass around 50% of UK homes. At present, 46% of UK homes (around 11.5 million) are passed by broadband enabled cable.

within 'cabled' areas, it can be impossible to get new cable connections if the cable does not run right outside the house.

Gas and sewerage connections can also be expensive or impossible to get.

| There isn't equality of availability of telecoms services | across the geography and never likely to be.

The old ethos of the telephone network was that each additional connection benefited everyone already on the system, so installation costs were set at a standard rate and subsidised, and to a large extent still are, under the Universal Service Obligation. So there is (almost complete) equality of availability of basic telephony service.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

How are your yellow boots? Dirty in the rain?

Reply to
IMM

No. Intelligent peo;pel do that, you do the lifting.

Reply to
IMM

It is. They sped it on the ops. It has to be spent irrespective. You do think they should have value ranges of ops? Some ops using better scalpels?

What a dumbo!

No blank cheque. They need the equipment and medicines for the ops so they get it. It is as simple as that. It doesn't need an army of Thatcher's managers to figure out every item that was spent because it has to be spent any way.

Reply to
IMM

Which mag and which house?

Reply to
IMM

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No because prices for each procedure would be prenegotiated.

As it is, the UK medical insurance companies have consultant codes, hospital codes and procedure codes and the figures are very well defined.

All that is necessary is for a much slimmed down Department of Health to agree prices with the healthcare providers and that is that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You're the dumbo. Both the private and public sector work with costs against each procedure, expected length of stay etc. Of course it's costed.

Of course it doesn't. All that is required is an agreed set of pricing for each procedure negotiated between a much reduced Department of Health and private healthcare providers.

This arrangement has existed between medical insurers (who provide the funding for the treatment) and the private sector hospitals for years and works very well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The market decides that. If customers like what a company is providing, then they buy. If investors see a good return because the company is well run and doing what the customers want then they invest. Otherwise both walk away and the business fails.

Reply to
Andy Hall

They have allowed something like an extra 20dB SNR, which while not delimiting the service totally, it does extend the range quite a bit. Have a look at the checker here:-

you may still fail to get it if your line has any fibre sections it it! (ADSL needs copper).

Reply to
John Rumm

HDTV seems to be a trigger in other countries, but here in the uk I'm not so sure, I live in a town, between two cities, bt cannot supply broadband as I'm too far from the exchange (nearest is under 2 miles away, but the cable route is much longer), NTL supply cable+modem.

I understand the NTL system is partial fibre, and if the cost was reasonable I'd have FTTP, but the difficulty is the fibre handling/install costs, having worked on deep sea fibre and working on fibre now I can understand the issues with the barely skilled 'customer' install teams and fibre. So what would it take, interconnected/intergrated fire sensors (insurers/council buy in) or something more???

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I would check that, AIUI BT have delimited their 512k service and increased the allowable distance for the 1mb service. Equipment limitations still apply.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

That is superficial nonsense. Experts are looking at industry and see decline, which is nothing to do with buying a product from elsewhere, although many people are doing that with Rover. They see most products declining as the fat cats cream off.

Reply to
IMM

< snip >

All that is required is to get the management tiers Thatcher put in, out of the NHS. They sap money, lots of it. The NHS is not in competition, but is run that way.

Reply to
IMM