Speedfit technique

Have people grown two heads since then?

You have this crazy notion that only profiteers give service and value. You are in cloud cuckoo land with no idea of reality.

Which are not as good.

Reply to
IMM

More obsessions. He thinks if it state owned then the people who work in these organisation are lazy and incompetent. That is insulating. Get real.

Obsessions cloud reality.

Reply to
IMM

Obessions cloud reality.

Reply to
IMM

Most people haven't but perhaps Zaphod Beeblebrox is an aquaintance of yours.

The notion of universal state run healthcare, free at the point of delivery is a nonsense in the 21st century. It's a huge waste of money and resource to run it in this way. THe organisation is so vast that it's impossible for it to be run effectively.

The reality is that economies based on the state running things are a thing of the past. Cuba and North Korea are almost all that's left of that era.

Unless there is something to drive a service organisation to success, it becomes fat and lazy. Providing shareholder value through profit is the most effective way to focus attention on what needs to be done to achieve it. In a service business, that is providing what the customer wants.

The service offered by the NHS is a disgrace. Have you actually tried any of the alternatives?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The bureaucratic elements undoubtedly are. By cutting them back considerably as a result of privatisation of utility industries prices are lower than they would have been and the customer has a choice.

I understand that there are grants for that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I guess that you would know plenty about that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

They did, it is just the various governments of the day handed over your cash for you.... Remember when your national insurance pension fund was "invested" in nationalizing things like British Layland? Not so much an interest free loan, as one with free capital as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Running down the middle of the road perhaps?

Reply to
John Rumm

Have people changed sonce the 20th century, grown another leg as well? With the technology we have today to reduce manpower and make matters more efficient, it makes even more sense to care for the sick.

Reply to
IMM

Bureaucracy comes with size. I have come across large private companies that are more bureaucratic than government agencies.

< snip disjointed babble >
Reply to
IMM

I do by now after reading your piffle.

Reply to
IMM

They didn't. And the state pension is not invested. The pensions are paid out of current taxes. A problem previous governments never addressed. Or we could abandon state pensions and pour all our pension money into one of those efficient private companies.....like Colonial Mutual or Matthay, etc, etc. Being private and wanting to make lots of money for the company and pay massive salaries to the bosses naturally means they are more efficient. Duh!!

15 years ago the top USA bosses earned 30 times more than the average salary, Now it is like 300 times more......and the same in the UK. Most of them are only doing what any MBA student would do. Private companies lead to greed...overt greed with the customer a mere hindrance. The fats cats show no reason to justify their greed. The bosses at Rover are creaming it off....in a loss making outfit. They should be paid 70K per ann and get bonuses when the outfit makes a profit. 70K? There would be a line as long as Oxford St ready to take up those positions with eligible candidates.
Reply to
IMM

Mr Hall is? You are on the same cloud if you think that. Brainwashed Little Middle Englanders are easy to spot. Petty snobbery permeates all they view.

Reply to
IMM

What a dork! My water supply can take about 5 combi's. Many others are the same too. Sadly many supplies are not and feel sorry for these people as they are being short changed.

Reply to
IMM

Our resident dork again. Soft copper can be threaded. He can't understand that.

Reply to
IMM

Correct! A decent society is seen as one that looks after those who are least capable of looking after themselves. We are failing many as you are still walking the streets.

Reply to
IMM

The beam is not weaken any less by having a U shape.

Reply to
IMM

I did pillock.

Reply to
IMM

Uh??

Reply to
IMM

[Snip]

The stress concentration factor for a sharp corner is _much_ greater than a corner with a generous circular profile. How do you account for the stress difference not affecting the strength?

Reply to
Mike Clarke