Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles

my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles, any tips on how to wear them, or varieties which steam up less?

George

Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Have you tried valved types? Something like these

Not perfect, but it helps.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I find goggles often mist up whether I'm wearing a mask or not.

Perhaps try some safety glasses. These ones allow room for specs underneath.

GB

That's life. Use ones with as much ventilation as is safe for the job. Pull them away the face briefly frequently.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The advice for ski goggles used to be to rub them with a cut potato - might be worth trying. I use a face shield which doesn't cause steaming-up

Reply to
nospam

Misting of glasses under goggles was a problem in my motorcycling days before full face helmets. Wiping both sides of the glasses with a dilute solution either of soap or washing up detergent was a partial solution. Follow up by polishing with cotton cloth.

Reply to
newshound

Well this has to be due to a temperature difference. After all when the temperature drops the moisture condenses out onto the colder surface as cold air holds less moisture. If this is the case then either you are sweating a lot or working in a very cold place. The usual fix but you can hardly do much about it in a mask is to let more air flow around. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've had that problem - solved with a 3M 4000 mask. Expensive but makes everything so much easier. And, I suspect, they actually work.

Reply to
RJH

No steaming problems with the 3M half mask respirators:

For goggles, you could try a full face visor.

Reply to
John Rumm