Special boxing day DIY bargains

Exactly. It's like scraping fingernails down a blackboard.

Reply to
Andy Hall

But that's precisely the point. English is a constantly evolving language, without Shakespeare's blatant disregard for 'English' as it was then, we wouldn't have the English we enjoy now.

English is constantly evolving and changing - that is it's beauty and it's strength.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

In my book, "gotten" is ok as an adjective - as in "ill-gotten gains" - but

*not* as a verb - as in "I have gotten a new car".

It's the latter - Americanized(!) - usage to which we object.

Reply to
Set Square

Yes but that's different. At least he was British....

Reply to
Andy Hall

But that evolution doesn't usually include two gratuitous apostrophes!

Reply to
Bob Eager