Spacer Patress

I have been trying all the usual suspects but cannot find exactly what I wa nt. It is a spacer to go behind a normal switch or socket plate mounted on a flush box to push it out further from the wall,yet still allows you to fi x the front plate through to the back box. I need one about 16mm deep its t o provide a neat way of running a spur from a socket in mini-trunking. I kn ow they did exist because I used one on a job a while back. BG make a 10mm version do not know if they will stack to give me that additional spacing b ut none of their stockists seem to list it. Screwfix list one in their onli ne catalogue by Schneider but it has a depth of 9mm and according to one re viewer only pushes the front plate out a few mm.

I suppose if the worst comes to the worst I can Dremel out the back of a st andard 16mm surface box and drill out the bushes for the screws to enable m e to screw through to the flush box but would rather not do that if I can f ind what I need.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

2 of these?

(I think these were mentioned recently in another thread. But I fear that these days my memory is such that "recently" might be "any time since 1/1/2016.)

Reply to
Robin

Thanks Robin that's the sort of thing I am looking for, I tried TLC but cou ld not find them, I must have been putting the wrong words into the search engine doh! As I said before I could do with 16mm or more, do you know if t hese will stack to give additional spacing?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I've never used them "stacked" but I think they'd lock together fairly well to give a "sold" feel. But with luck someone* who really knows what they're talking about will be along shortly.

*very possibly called Adam or John :)
Reply to
Robin

Delete "sold; insert "solid".

(We are in "The sherry has taken the man" mode.)

Reply to
Robin

For a 1g then K2133 WHI would probably work.

Reply to
ARW

This what you are looking for?

F Murtz

Not sure if there are UK equivalents.

Reply to
F Murtz

I think the MK range Adam suggests is probably better than both that and the spacers that I suggested: it's designed specifically for use with

20mm trunking.

Robin

Thanks Adam and Robin that's exactly what I am looking for :)

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Besides that plastic is so brittle it will undoubtedly crack in the process. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff