source of a basic tool

Does someone know where a get another one of these?

This original was purchased 15+ years ago from a local hardware store It's stainless and has just the right amount of springiness.

Reply to
alan

I've got one on my desk. I haven't the foggiest where I got it from though. ISTR it's a putty knife.

It says Taiwan on thr pointy blade, so you could try there. I hope that helps.

Reply to
Onetap

the material or springiness tho'.

"brick jointer flat" is a google whack, that was under "brick jointer pointed".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They usually include one in the Aldi/Lidl bricklaying trowel pack. It includes various continental bricking tools, a pointer like this, and a string measure.

They had one in Aldi a month or so ago.

Reply to
Ericp

Boyes department store in the NE has them or rather had them last time I looked. I have an identical one - simple spatula is very effective.

You can make something almost as good by snapping or cutting an artists palette knife to shape. You get a nicer handle that way.

Reply to
Martin Brown

It's called a "plasterers small tool". Wilkinson sell them. Or

The Medway Handyman

Siverline do them, at least with one end pointy, but you can take the point off if preferred

NT

Reply to
meow2222