Source of 3.5mm jack (OD <7mm)

I've got a TOA WM-5320 UHF beltpack microphone where the wiring inside the (locking) 3.5mm mono jack plug is defective. If I cut the plug off, I would need another (wireable) plug with an outside diameter

Reply to
Part timer

When I had a similar problem I bought a 3.5mm plug from Maplin, with a screw-on thermoplastic sleeve. I threw away the sleeve, soldered up the plug and then used a length of heat-shrink sleeving of the appropriate diameter and length to cover the soldering, and just cover the 'backplate' of the plug.

Before this last step you can also fill the back of the plug, with the soldering etc., with hot glue. The heat of the heat gun used to shrink the heat-shrink sleeving melts the hot glue and when the whole arrangement sets it's pretty solid.

HTH J^n

Reply to
jkn

Now that's one of those genius ideas that I must store away in that part of brain labelled 'you'll need this one day'. It will protect the wires and connections but be flexible. Very clever

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott