source needed:- backwashing valves and fibreglass pressure vessels....

....for domestic private water supply filtration.
Like these units:-
http://www.kennetwater.co.uk/pressurevess.html#1Anchor
and 3 way auto-backwash valves like these
http://www.kennetwater.co.uk/automulval.html
Looking to assemble my own and hopefully cut down on the costs...
Anyone have any experiences??
Thanks Jim

Those pressure vessels look just like the ones used on commercial water softeners - water softeners also use backwash valves so that may be a source.
AWEM
AWEM
On 10 Sep, 17:47, "Andrew Mawson"

thanks for reply
I had thought of the water softener approach (honest!) however after months of observing it seems the ones that come up on Ebay etc are a) smaller than I'd want, b) have a 5 port valvehead as they regenerate with salt etc (I believe I need 3 ports - for a straight backwash unit) and c) well, they are off Ebay so who really knows what you'd get!! :>)
Jim