Source for Whitworth quick release nut?

I'm tired of winding the stop nuts up and down on my pillar drill so want to fit a "quick release" or "push-button" nut, but haven't been able to find one in 7/16 Whit ... can anyone help? If not then I'll have to replace the stop studding with 12mm, because nuts for this seem to be readily available.

Reply to
nothanks

This is uk.d-i-y: make some :-)

Reply to
Colin Bignell

A fair cop. I thought about it (briefly) and decided it was too difficult to make a push-button nut ... and, TBH, I'm not sure how a quick release nut works when it seems to just be an angled thread - can anyone enlighten me?

Reply to
nothanks

Mr Pete made one a couple of days ago

For a bridgport mill rather than a pillar drill, but presumably the same deal?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks VERY much for that link. I don't often look at YouTube, but that chap's way of demo'ing is excellent and I can see many extended tea breaks being spent looking through his videos.

Reply to
nothanks

I wonder if there is anything that there isn't a YouTube video for.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Yep, quite a bit for the repair or opening of specific models of appliances.

Reply to
Rod Speed