Source for cable Tray ?

Looking for a very small quantity of steel cable tray ... in region of

150mm wide, with sides of 10-12mm. Will be using this at 90 degrees to normal i.e. flat section fixed to wall rather than hung, cables to be tied to it rather than laid in it.

Been Googling around can't seem to find it in small quantities ... one length is all I need - 1.5m is more than enough - need it to put a bundle of CAT 5 and CT100 cables neat in my comms cupboard.

Tried CPC, Maplin, RS etc with no luck.

Anybody know of sources ?

Reply to
Osprey

In article , Osprey writes

Thats the sort of thing you'd go to a local electrical wholesaler for. They only seem to do them in 3 meter lumps, still not that expensive....

Reply to
tony sayer

Try chatting to an installer who does installations in small "sheltered-home" type premises. Cable tray is widely used for such as fire-alarm, MATV and so on in that type of building.

He might give you a length... ;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

As is often the case, TLC is your friend.

Dave Plowman (News)

Any office refurbishment will have such stuff in the skips. Keep an eye out. The trouble is in getting to see the skips. Try locating builders at or near offices for their potential. Also handy for half decent furniture too.

I have just finished at a site where I could have helped you if you live near SOT or Knutsford. But since you only want something not too sightly, why not use some plaster beading or a pipe of something like downspout?

I dare say a more lucid description of your needs might elicit more germane suggestions.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

But, if you prick your finger on something in the skip, don't complain to the Health and Safety Executive, as someone did when they trespassed onto the forecourt of my industrial unit to go skip diving. While the H&SE inspector who spoke to me thought it a complete waste of time, I still had to supply a comprehensive report to the H&SE, with details of what was in the skip and a copy of the risk analysis.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Ooerr

Reply to
Richard Conway

Yeah, but they won't deliver it. Local electrical wholesaler would be my choice.

Reply to
Richard Conway

I understood they delivered anything - not for free, of course.

It usually is for this sort of thing. Unless it means driving a long way, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It takes you to a "This item can not be delivered by standard carrier" page. It does say that you can fill the form in they will quote you for delivery. I have done this in the past though with long lengths of large trunking and they basically said it was too long to get a courier to deliver it and as I was outside of any local branch van delivery I couldn't order it. I assume this would be the same with the cable tray as it comes in 3m lengths.

Reply to
Richard Conway