Clips for meter tails.

CU is now in a different place and the meter tails could do with clipping.

OK, save me ordering the wrong size - what clips for 25mm^2 tails?

Reply to
chris French

Are you going to nail or screw?

Personally I would use 1/2" nylon P-clips / screw / plug. You can pick a few up on Ebay for =A31-2 delivered.

I assume the meter tails within

Reply to
js.b1

In article , chris French writes

TLC is my one stop shop for useful data of this sort:

say 11mm. Screwed P-clips would be my pref.

Reply to
fred

chris French formulated the question :

Wide heavy duty tiewraps, fixed to the wall with a screw and washer?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Cable tray and lacing twine.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , js.b1 writes

Screw probably - into MDF and chipboard.

Yep, probably 1.5m max tail. The old CU was in an internal corner with the meter etc. below. It has just moved round onto the a other wall.

Think I'll give the clips a go.

Reply to
chris French

P clips are safer with meter tails not 30mA RCD protected.

I prefer oversized P clips for cable bundles in general rather than nail clips, easier for maintenance and less hammer bashing of cables and clips falling out of mortar or plugs. That said, nothing beats cable tray for a large quantity of cables (although Fischer do various clips which might be of interest - at up to =A330 a box).

Reply to
js.b1

I used what was to hand, which was a giant cable clip type pipe clip, for 22mm copper tube IIRC. Tails were older though, and only 16mm in those days - both tails and the earth fitted in.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Better idea, some self adhesive cable tie bases (the larger ones) do also have a screw hole. Position and then use a 1/2" countersunk pozi head screw to make sure it never falls off.

James

Reply to
James Salisbury