Sound proofing wall

My neighbour is deaf and has to have the tv blasting out. As its a semi detached house and built in 1991 the party wall is only breeze block and plaster board. My bed actually rests on the wall which her tvs on. I s there anyway I can soundproof the wall,Ive looked in BQ but they dont have anything. Any ideas?

Reply to
Ash1

Show your neighbour how to get subtitles (teletext p.888)?

Julian

Reply to
Julian Fowler

Many TV sets have a socket for headphones as a standard feature. Check with your neighbour and see if she would like to try a headset.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Should correct my post saying she is not totally deaf

Reply to
Ash1

So? I'm not deaf in any way yet often watch TV with the sound turned down low (others asleep in the house) and subtitles on.

Julian

Reply to
Julian Fowler

Brother in law had this problem - he works for the council and had a word with relevant dept who put in touch with a sound proofing company. They have just finished and it has made a big difference. It seems to be platerboard with a rigid foam on the back. Its fitted to the wall using special metal brackets that are designed to not transfer any vibration. The bumph that came with it claims that it is used in recording studios.

Didn't seem heavy enough to me but it has made a suprising difference!

Ask your council noise people for advice. If you can't get anywhere I will see if he knows what it is called. It wasn't cheap though...

Darren

Reply to
dmc

BigWallop