Something slower setting than superglue - SATA power connector repair

I think my glueing is better than my soldering.

Although I don't have any dead SATA drives - all my corpses are PATA.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

You huff on the join - the moisture in your breath will set it off.

Reply to
alan

Epoxy

Reply to
newshound

Ordinary (non-gel) superglue is very good at creeping (usually into somewhere you didn't really want it). It's often better to clamp/tape the broken bits together first (but not excessively tightly), and apply the superglue so that it creeps into the join. Then leave it strictly alone. If necessary, apply a drop of water or spray - but if you leave if long enough, it WILL 'go off'.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Rap the bottle sharply on a hard surface before putting the top on. Blowing on it is a bad idea...

Reply to
Huge

I thought the OP wanted to slow down the setting, not accelerate it... :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

although you may find you can't get the sweaty thumb off the thing after! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Got a hot glue gun ?

Reply to
Kenny

I keep mine between my angle-grinder and a tin of WD40.

Reply to
Graham.

In message , John Rumm writes

how come it doesn't set in the tube then?

Reply to
usenet2012

In message , David.WE.Roberts writes

Relatively larger volumes of superglue take relatively longer to set, (but present relatively greater chances of gluing fingers together - experience!).

Reply to
usenet2012

Most people try to apply the glue from the bottle which results in too much being applied. For repairs such as this I put one drop on on some plastic (food bag) and then use a sewing needle to apply a minute amount only to the surface to be struck.

Reply to
alan

BTDTcan'tgetTTSon!

Reply to