Some people are so stupid

My favourite was the plumber whop told me 'I would get better pressure' with my MAINS PRESSURE tank, in the loft, than on the ground floor..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats like my famours 'OK we are putt8ing in new controllers for tihis doscos' lights'

I pened up the biscuit tin of chockbloks and said 'pass me the hacksaw'

My boss was horrified,. I cut the lot off and armed with an ohhmeter, set about discovering which ones were pairs..I ws left wioth a thressom and a fivesome tat ere all interconncted.

I wired them back to a DIN railed connector box, and set about applying mains. And laelling each pair. 'mirror balls' far right spot' etc. The five turned out to be 4 lives and a returns from an RGBW set of spots. They had used the earth on one as the return. Nice. The three was a commoned pair of somethings..forget what.

Took 3 hours to have a properly labelled box ready for the boss to connect his control gear to.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So tell us, what was it? Decoration? :-)

Perhaps there was no bath when the fusebox was installed, and the room was later converted into a spare bathroom.

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

Nah, it was my server. It was working internally but it wasn't connecting to the nertnet.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Dunno, he looks like an embryo but they all look like that nowadays.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Two electricians in the area, the other one is busy. Now I know why,

Reply to
Steve Firth

but they're rather more realistic than TLCs.

Typical waitrose.com posters! 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Pull it hard, see what comes out on the other end...

New CU (and RCD, thanks) is up, the old #1 one is still in place and live (hence the Henley discussion). Old box #2 is gone and its old circuits are running through gash junction boxes above the new, but electrical work is probably going to wind down now while I rebuild the back downstairs dining room and oak panel its walls (Christmas? I'll be lucky). Rather than fixing and fiddling, I should then be getting the whole new circuits in place and can then connect them cleanly.

The old rings (1980s?) don't seem to be too bad, albeit crudely installed, but the lighting is a swamp and parts probably do date to the '30s. It's all just going.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Ah give over. Go and dance a hornpipe why don't you :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

Roger? Is that you?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Not me.

Can't say I have noticed any other Rogers contributing to the group lately (not even Roger Mills) but I don't read very much of the output these days.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

I know. How dare the leaders of all three main political parties be younger than me!

Harrumph.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

I do not seem to have that problem (only by 11 months).

You have three solutions.

Kill the leaders Kill yourself Lie about your age

Reply to
ARWadsworth