Some help please

Hi All, I have a Baxi combi boiler, a couple of days ago a fault appeared. The model number is 105e. The fault is a neon flashing saying faulty on flue or fan. I am bloody freezing, can some one help please? I phoned Baxi and they said it could be the P.C.B.but he said I did not need a new boiler.

Kind Regards,

Micky. Leeds U.K.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Lots of people have had that fault:

guy said it was a faulty relay, which he replaced very cheaply. Why do the PCBs cost so much and faults so hard to diagnose?

Reply to
Matty F

This is not a hard fault to diagnose.

1) Is the fan running smoothly? 2) Is the APS doing it's stuff clearly and timely. 2a) Is the APS in series with something else (undocumented: like on a Suprima where it's in series with a primary flow detector). 3) It's the PCB. Which hopefully our friendly recon PCB supplier has in stock for £50 + vat + delivery.?
Reply to
Ed Sirett

Silly question - they have you by the short and curlies, and have less morals than a merchant banker

I do an exchange 105E for £50 ++

geoff

A Ford Anglia for £50?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's cheap. I paid £85 for mine.

Reply to
<me9

I wuz done. Mine cost about £80 in the mid 60s!

Reply to
Clot

I passed my driving test in a Ford Anglia back in nineteen hundred & frozen to death. Top speed 73mph, 0-60 in 29 seconds - my Kangoo 1.4 diesel van is much quicker :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, just the engine block ...

Reply to
geoff

My Father had a van version of an earlier model the 100E. Shortly after purchase he cut out the window blank and installed the glass and rear seating therefore converting it to an estate .Not a bad bit of DIY. For the next 10 years of ownership he was wary of getting caught by whatever dept administered Purchase Tax which would have been payable if the vehicle had not been a van when purchased. It was swapped for £50 worth of Hay in 1969 and I last saw it upside down and abandoned in a field in 1975. The cut out window panels still remain in Dads shed where they have always been just in case he had to weld them back quickly. They share the shelf with some candle powered carriage lamps that belonged on Grandfathers transport and an unused 28V 100amp, dynamo that never reached its intended position on the engine of a Flying Fortress and was acquired as a never completed scheme to build an electric welder in Post war Austerity Britain.

I wonder what other similar bits lie in the sheds of Britain

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

,

I've been having difficulty getting calcium carbide for my bicycle lamps.=

Reply to
Fred

My mates Dad did exactly the same with a Reliant estate. Does that still apply now that purchase tax has been replaced by the dreaded CAT?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My father-in-law (who died about 7 years ago) had what I think was a half-axle off an Allegro stored in his bin cupboard - he'd changed cars in the meantime, and given up driving altogether quite a few years before he died.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

You obviously took the piss too much

Reply to
geoff

. The cut out window panels still

If you are being serious then you need to find a shop that supplies items to Cavers and Potholers. That fraternity still uses Acetylene lamps and modern versions can still be purchased. * The online stores will not send Calcium Carbide through the post so a visit is required.

  • Though LEDs have eaten into the advantages of the Acetylene lamps so they may well become much harder to get very soon. G.Harman .
Reply to
damduck-egg