Some construction piccies of Arfa's Burger Joint ...

It will be interesting to see how it works in London

Chris J Dixon

Someone at some point is bound to walk into totally clear glass. I thought someone had pinched my car windscreen the other day, and then I realised I'd cleaned it.

Reply to
stuart noble

Students are the fools. I was in the police station today [1] and a student came in to report someone trying to break into a car in the car park across the road.

Now on his way out there was a sign saying "automatic door". He walked up to the door and back three times. He then started wavings his arms about. Eventually he went back to the counter and asked the woman to open the doors for him.

She then explained that it was 22 deg, hot and and sunny and the doors were in fact already wide open open.

IMHO she should have given him a job application form as the police seem to employ brain dead retards and he seemed suitably qualified.

[1] The car in front of me had a handbag sat on the roof. When it fell off I stopped and picked it up.
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Out of interest, how did you know he was a student? Was he carrying a book or something?

Reply to
stuart noble

Crikey ! What have I started now ... Before this all gets *very* silly and OT, the doors most certainly *do* have a substantial frame, including a wide metal lump up the middle, where the two sliding doors join when closed. That, according to the above, means that when the manufacturer designed them with commercial premises in mind, and the architect specced them for use in the front of our shop, as well as all the others in the parade, they both got it right, so as far as I'm concerned, they comply with the relevant regs and controls, and if anyone is dumb enough to walk into them, then that's their problem, not ours ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Well, if people are too stupid to see doors in the front of shops, I would think that it's quite easy to see how they could miss speed cameras ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Easier than that. He said he was in a rush to get to college. His haircut and age suggested that he was not a teacher!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That only proves that Woolies doors are not foolproof.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But what about the blind people:-)

They are not stupid but they have enough of a hard time staying on the correct side of the road without all that hassle of speed cameras.

There is a myth that a blind American rock star drove the tour bus home one night because all the roadies were too drugged/pissed up to drive it. Anyone know who it was supposed to be? I cannot find the reference anymore.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It has been known for registered blind people to drive, some could even pass the required eyesight test. I recall a case where the police were unable to prevent such a person from driving but were able to keep stopping them so they got nowhere.

Reply to
dennis

In what country was that?

India?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

England, maybe Wales.

Reply to
dennis

Reference. Or are you talking bollocks?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Do your own research.. it predates google. As a hint, you don't have to be completely blind to be registered blind. For a second hint, you can have "perfect" vision when reading a chart or a number plate and still not be able to see well. Google for tunnel vision.

Reply to
dennis

Bollocks then.

That is not news.

For a second hint, you can have "perfect" vision when reading

Can I add optometrist to your vast collection of sklls?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You can add what you like, you have no idea what my skills are.

Reply to
dennis