Solution for compacting/shredding plastics ?

Dunno, but I normally drink one and a half to two litres a day

Reply to
geoff

into clear, brown, and green, until

single compartment, so it all got

learned that this sort of thing was to

Exactly the same thing happens at my local tip. Large steel 'container' painted half brown, half green with holes in each side - but no central divider.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

into clear, brown, and green, until

single compartment, so it all got

learned that this sort of thing was to

Any colour glass can be recycled with "brown" glass, while clear and green can be recycled together. For it to be recyclable as clear, though, clear glass needs to be kept separate.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

into clear, brown, and green, until

single compartment, so it all got

learned that this sort of thing was to

There are machines to separate the colours, if the recycling company has one it doesn't matter if they are mixed.

Reply to
dennis

It all either goes to China for hardcore or goes into landfill.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

into clear, brown, and green, until

single compartment, so it all got

learned that this sort of thing was to

Given that it all goes to make fibre-glass insulation and non-slip road surfaces, keeping it apart is stupid and pointless.

Like a lot of recycling.

Reply to
Huge

And, as if by magic ....

More and more of us are recycling our waste at home in a bid to save resources - but could manufacturers do more themselves, by using recycled products as their raw materials in the first place?

The BBC's Up Next team have taken a look at three very different products that in their own ways, do just that.

First up, a recycling bicycle, or 'The Ingenio', as its creator, Victor Monserrate calls it. The Puerto Rican design student at London's Royal College of Art has created a customised bicycle that turns discarded plastic containers into a plastic thread. This is more valuable to the people who scour scrap yards in developing countries, because it can be sold on to craftsmen to make objects like chairs and baskets. He hopes NGOs will help him to roll out the device. . . . (contd)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Request a second recycle bin from the council? Stop buying bottled water FFS

Reply to
Bob Minchin

A couple of inches of boiling water makes a plastic milk bottle soft, and you can then fold it into a small package and dispose of it in the recycling bin.

Reply to
gareth.glyn.cyfansoddwr

He will be knee deep in them after over a year though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Huge