Soldering iron flex

This is Antex? Simply shows how little use they've had. Just what I've said all along.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then why did you disagree with my statement?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sadly it's delicate stuff (well XLR, jack connectors, etc) out in the field. Usually bent double balanced on a chair!

Reply to
Scott M

You don't need a particularly fine iron for XLRs. Beauty of the Antex is its small size and light weight for doing a lot of soldering. But that does mean it's less robust than others, so maybe not the best choice for occasional field work.

(I'm not well up on what's around these days because as I said I made my own solder station based around Antex and Pace handsets which I'm still very happy with)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Here it was on wed/thursday last week, although it was the flex to the soldering station PSU rather than the irons flex itself.

That's the thing about accidents you just can't assume car will be taken, you have to find ways of eliminting care as the solution to a problem.

Reply to
whisky-dave

We seem to be the only humans on here, Dave. So many others appear to have robotic skills when it comes to soldering. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well actually I'm perfect ;-D, but having 20 soldering irons set out in a lab with 50+ students using them well anything can and sometimes does happe n. I had one student looking puzzeled as to why the glue in the glue gun wasn' t working, so she went and got another one plugged that in too and that was n't working either. I had a big grin on my face as she came to me asking wh at was wrong with them I had to inform her that they needed switching ON at the socket.

Reply to
whisky-dave