Soldering chromed pipe

Well, since I asked that 10 years ago, if I'd used pushfit, they would be halfway through the life of the O-rings by now. I generally design my plumbing installations to last longer than the lifetime of pushfit couplings. It's not smart to design a plumbing installation that is likely to fail in my old age.

Second issue is that the chrome is very hard, and the grab rings often fail to bite into it, and the coupling comes off some random time later. So you should strip the chrome for pushfit fittings too.

Third, I'm using chrome to make the installation look nice. Why would I spoil that with bulbous pushfit fittings? On appearance, I wiped solder over the outside of the end- feed couplings whilst soldering them, and then they blended in with the chrome pipe.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Is the correct answer lol

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

All fair points but the ones I used were a similar size to Yorkshire fittings. not sure about the lifespan but after ten years (shower install) they seem to be OK. Techtite make no mention of a lifespan but I'm strictly an amateur so only speaking of one experience, maybe ignorance is bliss? The post is as you say 10yrs old (I didn't notice that) so it's a moot ponit now.

Reply to
mb07jeb

You?d make a lot more sense if you learned to quote what you?re replying too rather than a 10 year old post (like I?ve just done).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

eem to be OK.

??re replying

My apologies Oh great roll master. I'm deeply ashamed at my lack of skill a nd knowledge of newgroup etiquette. Now f*ck off and don't let the door hit you in the arse as you leave.

Reply to
mb07jeb

eem to be OK.

??re replying

My apologies Oh great troll master. I'm deeply ashamed at my lack of skill and knowledge of newgroup etiquette. Now f*ck off and don't let the door hi t you in the arse as you leave.

Reply to
mb07jeb

replying to boltmail, johnone12 wrote: use a dremel, with the barrel roll fitted. removes chrome in a minute

Reply to
johnone12

You don't think he's already done the job in the 11 years since asking then.

Reply to
tabbypurr

He might have been stranded on Mars or something... Or maybe not. That bloody site needs a big rocket up its bum it sorts to months and ignores years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff